Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Our Second Child's First Photo


Today's ultrasound went pretty well. I am 7 weeks and 1 day pregnant with one precious baby. Baby #2 is expected to arrive on July 18, 2011. He or she has a very fast, very strong heart beat, beating at 168bpm! Such a wonderful sound! When I told Matt about our due date and what the baby's heartrate was, he responded with "Well that's all good news, but isn't fast heartbeating = girl?!?!?!" Haha! We'll have to wait a few more months to find out for sure!
The obstetrician is a little concerned because the ultrasound showed a subchorionic hematoma, which is a collection of blood between the placenta and uterine wall. She said that a lot of the time, these just go away on their own without causing any problems. Sometimes that's not the case though, so to be sure, I have a second ultrasound scheduled in two weeks to see if the bleeding has resolved. I'm a little nervous about this, but I know that stressing wont help anything, so I'm taking heart to the fact that the baby's heartbeat is so strong, and I'm going to take it easy as much as possible and just hope that everything turns out ok.
Juliet and I are leaving in two days to go visit Sheena and her family in Pensacola, FL for a long weekend. I haven't seen Sheena in about two years, so I'm very, very excited about this trip. Plus, I think it will be just what I need to keep me from worrying too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment